This is a question we are always asked - how can I make up my mind when you have 100s of radiator cover designs and options.
Here are some of the important questions you should consider when choosing one of our fabulous modern radiator covers.
1. Look at your existing radiator carefully. Look at where the inlet and outlet pipes are - do they come from the floor or from the wall?
2. Is the radiator cover to be placed in an area with high footfall, perhaps a lobby, corridor or a hallway. Does it need to be scratch resistant?
3. Do I want a cover to compliment exactly my interior furnishings and decor, or do I want a high contrast effect, something that is is going to create a real talking point?
4. Is the wall behind the radiator flat (sometimes with period properties the walls can have interesting profiles). We require a flat back wall with all our covers.
5. Is the floor level, seems a silly question but if you choose a floor mounted cover, and the floor is uneven, then the top itself will be uneven.
6. Do you want the top of the radiator cover to display any items such as photographs or personal belongings? Do you want a top that is scratch resistant, somewhere to place a mobile phone regularly, keys or makeup perhaps?
7. Look at the location of door frames, window frames, electrical sockets. You will be surprised how easy it is to measure an existing radiator cover and miss something as obvious as a light fitting or socket.
8. Do I require lights, or will I require lights in the future.
9. How much heat is lost with these modern radiator covers. On some designs there is no loss of heat whatsoever. Dont forget 85% of convected heat rises upwards (like steam from a kettle) and all our covers allow this heat to escape. The other 15%, radiated heat at the front of the cover - little loss with slots and eyelets. Without these slots - dont forget these are metal covers and metal conducts heat as well.
10. How often do you need to access the radiator? Most customers only need access twice a year to set the thermostat or bleed the radiators. Our covers just need to be unhooked from the wall. You dont need to hire an expert to dismantle anything. perhaps just ask a friend or family member for that extra pair of hands.
11. How do I measure?
All of our covers are 17.5 cm deep - If you require thinner, or deeper covers then we can make these but they will be made to measure, and as such may incur an additional setup charge. It all depends what we are making at that time.
Please use the following measuring guides for wall mounted and floor mounted covers. If in doubt please ask via the enquiries section
For FLOOR MOUNTED covers (that rest on the floor), please us the following measurements.
For WALL MOUNTED covers (that rest on top of the skirting boards), please us the following measurements
If in any doubt please contact us via the following link. We are also very happy to receive photographs of existing radiators - simply click the following link and you will be directed to our contacts page, where we will provide you with an email address to send images to.